Sunday, December 21, 2008

The Rocky Mountains




Well... It's been a little bit since my last post, but I am sitting at home on Sunday night at 10:20pm after my latest excursion to Keystone.

I must say, I have boarded four days, and today was the best by far! I drove up to Keystone to stay at my cousin Walt's condo so we could just wake up and hit the resort for a day of skiing and riding. Mission Accomplished! I hit the best powder run yet, of course, wearing my helmet. I was able to launch myself off a few bumps into the air and not worry about any major injuries because it was like landing on pillows. I believe one time I was sideways, and then got flipped over in the powder, but it was so soft and fluffy! The powder run was definitely a workout. I never thought I could exert so much energy snowboarding, but it is possible. I got my exercise in today for sure.

I have been to Vail and Breckenridge, but today was the best like I said. I got to use my new gear that I bought with a gift certificate to R.E.I. from the Boone Hiatt's (Russ and Amy and Co.) and a check from my Mommy! It was a good day to test out my new gloves, and the pullover that I bought because it was 15 degrees on the mountain, not counting the wind chill. All of the gear worked out perfectly!

The other thing about the day was the Chargers were playing, and I got updates from Mr. Chris Miller telling me that they won their game, and then I saw the Broncos choke against the Bills later in the day. So that means next week, I'll be in my home town of San Diego watching the game with friends, and more importantly Chargers fans, as they play the Broncos. The winner of that game is in the playoffs. Take that Broncos fans!!!

The mountains are awesome, though! I am so happy I am only 1 hour and 15 minutes away from the closest resort that accepts my pass. Now I can't wait to hit up the half-pipe at Breckenridge! I went there last weekend, but the whole park was closed because they were getting ready for the Action Sports Tour. Boo!!! Oh well. I'm San Diego bound on Carter's Birthday, 12/23, and I get to visit all my S.D. friends, and eat real Mexican and Filipino food. Yay!!!

Hope the Holidays finds everyone in as good spirits as I am! Enjoy!!!

1 comment:

zircon said...

Order an H for me at Tio Leo's and some Lumpia. Have a great time back in SD. We'll be thinking about you soakin' up the sun. Still planning on hitting the waves as well? Enjoy. Russ